Although the problem of addiction is high, many rehab centres are not adopting the best practices in treating it. In spite of the huge cost that patients incur when undergoing treatment, it is annoying that some relapse after a short time. it is important that rehabs stop seeing patients as commodities for trade and view them as human beings who need help to deal with the problem of addiction. In order for the rehabs to be effective in their treatment programs they need to adopt the best treatment practices. These are as follows:
- Personalized treatment is the best-A good rehab treatment program must offer each individual treatment that are personalized and unique to their case. Many individuals get addicted as a result of using various drugs. This means that before you start treating a patient, it is important to inquire about their addiction history. This will enable you offer them the best treatment option that is relevant to their case.
- Various needs of patients must be considered– Each and every addict has needs that must be considered before commencing any treatment program. These needs include: social, psychological, legal and vocational. You need to ensure that you factor in each individual needs in addition to their cultural and religious beliefs.
- Treatment duration– Depending on the severity of the addiction, the period that each individual will take to fully recover vary. While some individuals can take 3 months, others can take six months or a year before they fully recover from addiction
- Understanding the cause-Apart from offering sessions and programs where you sit together and share with fellow recovering addicts, a good program must strive to understand the cause of your addiction. Understanding the cause will enable the rehab to come up with strategies meant to assist you not to relapse. The treatment will come up with a program that is meant to make you change think about substance and life.
- Drug detox is different from drug rehab– A detox program is meant to enable your body to get rid of any toxins that may be present in your system as a result of addiction. The program is meant to prepare you for treatment. Rehabs that use this method to treat patients go wrong because this strategy is not meant for treatment per se.
- Scientific treatment approaches– before you choose a rehab, it is important to inquire about the treatment options that they have. It is advisable to choose a rehab that uses scientific approaches in treating the problem.
- Conventional medicine-It is always advisable to use FDA approved drugs when treating addicts. The idea of using alternative drugs like herbal medicine should be avoided. This is because, herbal medicine do not have the approval of FDA and are not effective in offering the best treatment.
For More Details: